It’s 7am. You roll out of bed. Put on some yoga pants, a loose-fitting shirt & a jacket. You throw on the first pair of shoes you find, brush your teeth, and throw your hair up because you don’t feel like brushing it right now. You might not even look in the mirror…
You tell yourself, I’ll get ready later…
Later rolls around, and nothing happens.
Now it’s 7pm and time to get your kids fed, bathed & put to bed.
Oh shit! I never got ready today!
To you, my beautiful woman, let me remind you of something. And if what I am about to disclose to you brings up feelings of being uncomfortable, that’s a key indicator that you need to act upon what I’m going to share… This is very important… Listen up…
You deserve to feel GREAT. SEXY. WONDERFUL. You deserve to feel confident. Before you were a mother, you were a woman; a divine feminine one (whether you embrace it or not). Then something happens where we as women lose part of (if not all) our identity and start identifying ourselves as just “mothers” and “wives”. Being able to grow another human being, endure horrid labor contractions or surgery, and have a baby depend on us for his very life is absolutely, undoubtedly, the most special and amazing thing in this entire world. However, we let go of that other part of who we are. Being a mother is the most important job in the world. But if you’re not happy with who you are or don’t feel good about yourself, that trails off to your kids and effects the way you parent.
It’s okay to want to feel great and happy and sexy. It’s okay to dress up nice and take some time to put makeup on and straighten your hair. It’s okay to get a manicure and pedicure. It’s okay to want to entice your husband. Men are visual creatures who have this natural instinct to hunt. Give them something sexy to chase.
Disclaimer: when I say “sexy” — screw the worldly definition of the word. It doesn’t matter if you are size 0 or 16. If your breasts are AA or DD. If you feel sexy from the inside out, other people will dig that, in particularly your man. He’ll smell it on you like a dog in heat.
With that, here are 5 easy things you can do to feel GREAT, NOW (or sexy or confident):
1. Get dressed up in your favorite outfit, do your hair and makeup, and throw on some heals. You don’t have to have anywhere to go. There’s been times I dress up just to go to the grocery store. Those days used to be often where I didn’t feel good about myself. When I realized I had the power to change that, my whole life changed. I don’t need a reason to get dressed up, I do it because its fun and I like to look my best.
2. What does great or sexy look and feel like to you? Don’t think about the outside world, think about y-o-u and you only. Does it include a black suit? Curled hair? Red lipstick? Workout outfit? Sexy doesn’t need to mean baring it all for the world to see. In fact, I am quite conservative in my style and actually don’t like bare-it-all clothing. My style is along the lines of classy mixed with sexy (MY definition of sexy). Whatever makes you feel sexy and good and confident, DO THAT, especially when you’re feeling less than adequate.
3. Get rid of the negative self-talk. 1 & 2 will go out the window if you keep putting yourself down. One thing most women do when they look in the mirror is put themselves down. Have you ever been out with girlfriends and you have that one girlfriend who thinks she looks horrible, yet you are in awe at how nicely she cleans up and how beautiful she looks? How do you reassure her? Can you do that for yourself? One habit I have been fervent in changing ever since my daughter came along and after noticing her staring at me as I get ready is to make sure I always look at myself with loving eyes. God gave me my body and specific features for a reason and crafted me intricately and perfectly. So I love and honor my body especially when I am looking at myself in the mirror. That has also turned my world completely around. I can dress comfortable and still feel great about myself. But there are times when that negative talk creeps in and I have to stop it right in its tracks, throw it out and replace it with something empowering and positive. Here are a few affirmations for you:
- I love and honor my body at all times
- I am perfect just the way I am
- I love myself
- I am beautiful and sexy
- It’s okay to tap into my divine feminine energy
- I deserve to look and feel my best
- I am proud to be a woman
- I am worthy of the life I desire
- I am confident in myself
4. Body language is everything. Ladies, this is so big. When you walk with your shoulders down and slouched and your eyes to the ground, you are not showing confidence. But when you walk with swift and direct steps, shoulders back and head looking forward, nothing can get in your way! You are a walking, talking example of confidence and sexy! Confidence is great! Confidence is sexy! Walk with purpose! Even if you’re walking in circles, walk with purpose & you will feel better. “Motion creates emotion.” If you’re feeling down, get to moving!!!
5. Start eating to honor your body and start working out (even if it’s a 10 minute walk or YouTube Yoga video that you do). Just because you are a mother does not give you the excuse to let yourself go. It is very insulting and disrespectful to not only yourself but your family to not take care of yourself. You only have one body. An amazing one. That automatically fights off germs for you. That makes your heart beat. That naturally puts you through cycles to honor different purposes. Eat to feel good! And exercise to feel good! You deserve to feel your very best. You can’t feel your best when you are eating bad because that clouds your body and adds baggage and ultimately hurts your body in the long run. When you eat good and exercise, you will naturally feel good. And when you naturally feel good, you feel more confident in yourself! Which means… you will more easily feel sexy when you desire to feel it!
Cheers to your feeling good and sexy, ladies!
P.S. If you got value out of this article, please like and share it 🙂 Chances are someone else needs to hear it, too!